Monday, October 03, 2005

Pink Shawl Part II

Michael says he is going to try and come home from the nursing home on Friday. It will be so much better having him back at home. We went out to lunch on Saturday to the little restaurant next door and he had a good appetite which was good to see. His fevers have gone away and he is pretty cheery!

Here is my coworker modeling the pink shawl. Grandma was so happy to get along with the ribbon and judges comments.













And the back
I got one more skein done of the Tortoishell yarn for the sweater and finished spinning a sample of mohair wool yarn on my drop spindle. I finally got to spin a single of some wool I blended in my class at OFFF. It was the assignment of blending 12 colors of wool, when its spun it sure looses alot of the colors and gets muddy, almost reminds me of the recycled silk yarns from Tibet. I bet it will get more muddy when I go to ply and and knit it up.
I haven't been knitting much lately. I knocked my hand on a doorknob somewhere and it has been giving me pain. I did finish reading "Zen and the Art of Knitting" by Bernadette Murphy. My coworker modeling the shawl let me borrow it. It was interesting but not one I would recommend buying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home